Simple tofu scramble, a vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. It’s so easy to make, high in protein and only requires 4 ingredients!
- 8 ounces firm tofu (225 g)
- 1/4 tsp salt, see notes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, see notes
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add some water or oil to a frying pan and when it’s hot, add the tofu and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well combined and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- We served our tofu scramble over some toasted bread and topped it with fresh parsley.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Any type of salt is okay, but I prefer to use Kala Namak salt because it tastes like real eggs.
- If you’re not a turmeric lover or you’re not used to its flavor, add only 1/8 tsp of turmeric powder, then try the scramble and add more if needed.
- Add your favorite spices, veggies or ingredients.